Loans taken from a 401(k) or 457 may be paid off at any time using one of the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check
- Money Order
- Personal Check
Send payments to:
Utah Retirement System
PO Box 1590
Salt Lake City, UT 84110-1590
- Certified funds are normally credited to your loan balance within 3-5 business days of receipt by URS. If you submit a personal check, the payment will not be posted to your account for a minimum of 5 business days.
- Checks returned due to insufficient funds will not be posted to your account. URS charges a $20 returned check fee for insufficient funds.
- URS is unable to accept cash.
- If a loan is paid off, it may affect the amount that is available for a new loan (see URS 401(k)/457 Loan Program brochure.)
- Additional payments of $500 or larger, or a full balance payoff will be accepted at anytime. There are no prepayment penalties.
- If you have questions, please call between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 801-366-7720 or 800-688-401k and press "0" to speak to a counselor.