Individual Retirement Planning Sessions
URS offers retirement planning and customized advice to help you plan for a better future.
Individual retirement planning sessions are available at various locations throughout the state.
What to expect from your session:
After reviewing your potential retirement income sources, we develop a snapshot of your overall retirement situation and assess what adjustments,
if any, you can make to reach your retirement goals. We will determine:
- Where you are now in terms of retirement readiness
- Where you want to be
- And how to get there
In addition, we can answer questions and provide advice regarding your retirement benefits such as:
- How much should I save?
- Which Tier 2 plan should I choose?
- Which investments are right for me?
- What pension payout option is right for me?
To make the most out of your session, please bring the following with you:
- Gross pay rate
- Retirement account statements (including non-URS plans)
- Anticipated retirement age
- Social Security statement (you can access your statement at www.ssa.gov)
*Please be sure to take the investor profile questionnaire. You will be prompted to take it right after you have registered for your session.
What is not covered in your session:
Video: What to Expect From Your Session
- Retirement applications - To apply for retirement, please contact 1-800-695-4877.
- Insurance benefits - Please contact your Human Resources Department for questions about your insurance options at retirement.
- Retirement incentives. Some employers offer retirement incentives such as stipends, leave payouts, etc. Please contact your Human Resources Department for questions.
Which is Right for You?
Compare URS Savings Plans - 401(k), 457, Traditional IRA, and Roth IRA
Compare plans »
Here's what you need to know.
You choose your level of involvement.